CONTRACT TYPE: PERMANENT
CLOSING DATE: 30th November 2023
SALARY: £17.23 PER HOUR
40 HOURS PER WEEK
A vacancy has arisen for a Mobile Plant Fitter to join our team, based at Drax Power Station.
The Mobile Plant Fitter role exists to oversee the effective examination, testing, servicing, and maintenance of all items of mobile plant and associated equipment within our contract area.
Hargreaves Industrial Services provides a varied Operations and Maintenance service to our client at Drax Power Station. We handle, maintain and reclaim materials including FBA, Coal and Mitigant Slurry whilst managing material stocks and transportation using a wide range of Mobile Plant.
The role briefly encompasses the following duties:
- Carrying out PPM and RCM (ODA) as per mobile plant agreed inspections criteria
- Carrying out planned defect repairs on all mobile plant and associated equipment in the HIS service delivery scope
- Attending, diagnosing, and agreeing repair processes for mobile plant breakdowns
- Carrying out site operational tasks in accordance with training, site procedures and supervisor instructions
- Completing all necessary documents, reports and records
- Working with the operational department to ensure availability of mobile plant assets.
- Providing an efficient and professional support service to the operational process requirements.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvements and innovation
- Providing full flexibility to carry out required operational duties
- Collation, collaboration and communication of the mobile plant maintenance plan to all stakeholders (HIS and client)
- Establishing effective communication channels with
- Mobile Plant manufacturer.
- HIS Mobile Plant department
- Spares, equipment and consumables supply chains
- Carrying out any other reasonable instruction required to ensure the smooth operation of equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/experience/ attributes:
- A Strong team player with the ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Good communication skills, both with colleagues, other contractors and clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines safely
- SHEQ requirement
- Risk assessment training
- Manual handling training
- COSHH awareness training
- CPCS safety passport or equivalent
- Mobile Plant Maintenance qualification (City & Guilds part 3, NVQ level 3)
- Approach work positively with a can-do attitude
- Act on own initiative without being prompted
- Seeing all work through to completion
- Is self-motivated to identify improvements within our work area and takes action to implement these successfully
What we do:
As an established contract management Company, Hargreaves Industrial Services provides high-standard professional services to our clients within the power, port, steel, rail and other industrial sectors both within the UK and abroad.
Our core services include:
- Materials Handling expertise, offering efficient and optimal solutions for all bulk handling requirements
- Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance and Engineering
- Operation and Maintenance of Material Handling Plants
As a Company we pride ourselves on our service delivery and professional 'can do' attitude and we are always looking for committed, keen, professional people to join us. If you are interested in a rewarding career with us in this role, you should submit your CV to our HR Department quoting reference HIS2926 via e-mail to email@example.com