CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: Annualised hours (1816 hours)
CLOSING DATE: 29th November 2023
A vacancy has arisen for a FEL Operator to join our team within our new Operations and cleaning of a Biomass handling & storage facility contract at the Port of Tyne.
The FEL Operator role exists to move Biomass material on site, hours of work will be dependant on vessel schedules.
Hargreaves Industrial Services provides an operations, and cleaning service to our client at the Port of Tyne Biomass handling facility.
We are responsible for the safe movements and handling of Biomass following discharge from vessels and the despatch of loaded rail wagons within the Port.
The role briefly encompasses the following duties:
- Loading of Biomass into loading hoppers to supply material to the rail loading facility adjacent to the Biomass store
- Loading of Biomass materials into road lorries
- Secondary Loading/movements of Biomass material to/from varying storage areas within the Port boundary
- Support the movements of Biomass material within the main Biomass store
- Stock management within the main Biomass store, requirement to use push-up blades
- Ensure differing types of materials are separated.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed to support the plant operations and material movements
- Ensure plant and equipment is maintained to an operationally safe and clean condition at all times
- Understanding of Safe Working Procedures.
- Attend any meetings or training sessions as required
- The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and must have a good understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- The successful candidate will also be required to support secondary roles within the operation – Examples below (training will be provided)
- Internal tipper wagon driving
- Train loading watchman
- Biomass material condition monitoring
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/experience/ attributes:
- Recognised FEL licence (Option for internal site licence/CPCS/NPOR’s etc)
- IOSHH working safely (Min standard – training given)
- Experience of working within a materials-handling environment
- Previous experience working within a Biomass handling environment (Desirable)
- COMPEX training is desirable however training will be available
What we do:
As an established contract management Company, Hargreaves Industrial Services provides high-standard, professional services to our clients within the power, port, steel, rail and other industrial sectors both within the UK and abroad.
Our core services include:
- Materials Handling expertise, offering efficient and optimal solutions for all bulk handling requirements
- Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance and Engineering
- Operation and Maintenance of Material Handling Plants
As a Company we pride ourselves on our service delivery and professional 'can do' attitude and we are always looking for committed, keen, professional people to join us. If you are interested in a rewarding career with us in this role, you should submit your CV to our HR Department quoting reference (HIS2925) via e-mail to email@example.com