Job Title: Transport Planner & Workflow Coordinator
Full Time: 40-50 hours per week
Location: West Lane, Dalton Gates, DL2 2PP
Greenford Aggregates is a Darlington-based bagged aggregates supplier, serving a wide range of customers in the Northeast and Yorkshire. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products and exceptional customer service.
We are currently seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Transport Planner and Workflow Coordinator to join our team. This pivotal role involves efficiently planning and coordinating daily deliveries to our valued customers, serving as a primary point of contact between our customers, drivers, warehouse operations, and third-party hauliers.
- Strategically plan delivery routes to ensure timely and cost-effective distribution of materials to our customers.
- Ensure that delivery routes maximise efficiency whilst complying with legal requirements relating to driver’s hours, rules & regs.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with customers to confirm delivery schedules, address any concerns or issues, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand client needs and work with Greenford’s drivers and warehouse staff to provide delivery solutions.
- Assign and schedule drivers for deliveries, monitor their progress, and provide support to ensure safe and efficient transportation.
- Work closely with Hargreaves logistics team to build daily workloads around routine vehicle maintenance.
- Collaborate with warehouse staff to ensure accurate and timely loading of materials onto correct delivery vehicles.
Third Party Haulage:
- Coordinate with third-party hauliers to arrange palletised distribution to end users, ensuring compliance with company standards to promote best customer service.
- Act on behalf of customers in providing third party delivery options and ETA’s.
- Maintain accurate records of delivery schedules, customer requests, and driver feedback.
- Address any delivery-related issues, such as delays, damages, or order changes, and work to find effective solutions.
- Continuously evaluate and feedback to improve delivery processes to enhance efficiency and customer service.
- Proven experience in transport planning and coordination.
- Knowledge of aggregates is desirable but not essential.
- Strong organisational and multitasking ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in relevant systems for order processing and logistics management.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy working environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve departmental targets.
- Stay updated with industry best practice and market trends.
- Uphold the company’s values, ethics, and professional standards in all interactions.
- Attend team meetings, training sessions, and events as required.
- Continuously improve skills and product knowledge through ongoing training and development.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, including compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment.
08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday.
This is a full-time position, and the working hours will vary based on seasonal fluctuations.
£14.50 per hour PAYE.
Simon Greenwood – Aggregates Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of Work:
The post holder will be based at our Dalton Gates site on a full-time basis with no option for home working.