IT Business Support Technician
Business Support and Project Manager
Date of Last Revision
Responsible for 1st and 2nd line support to users across the Group in both the UK and Internationally, via the Hargreaves IT Helpdesk.
Provide end users with the appropriate hardware/software including the build of Company Standard devices.
Assist and support day-to-day Group IT initiatives/projects, providing periodic reports and analysis on IT business processes.
· The post holder will be a member of the Group IT Business Support team.
· Oversee the Group IT Business Support/Helpdesk function.
· Work closely with employees on issues to improve customer relations and technical support.
· A member of specific project teams, delivering I.T. and Business Unit projects
· Carry out communication in a professional manner and according to accepted business practices.
· Use courteous language and positive tone in all communications reflecting a service-oriented philosophy.
· Act as initial point of contact for new IT Calls.
o Ensure that all calls are logged to the helpdesk.
o Troubleshoot 1st and 2nd line issues and escalate as appropriate.
o Prioritising the resolution of calls.
o Ensure help desk system information is up to date.
o Ensuring helpdesk tickets are responded to and closed within the agreed SLAs.
o Creating X3 Purchase Orders for Business Support items.
· Assist Business Support and Project Manager.
o Highlighting to the Business Support and Project Manager any improvements to processes.
o Highlighting to Business Support and Project Manager any issues or areas of conflict.
o Ensure Business Support processes are followed as documented.
· Hardware builds as per build specification.
o Installing authorised software on desktops/laptops as appropriate.
o Oversee software applications and compliance there of using appropriate tools. (Example: Tenable).
· Site visits to Hargreaves locations when applicable.
· Support cross-discipline IT Projects.
· Responsible for the IT Store/Stock, housekeeping and disposal of equipment.
· ITIL knowledge (preferable)
· Previous experience of I.T. Business Support function (preferable).
· Knowledge of Windows Servers, Microsoft Exchange, and MS Office Packages.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a positive approach to work.
· Time management skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Educated to at least HNC Level standard or equivalent in an IT-related subject.